Alumni Resources | Alumni Affairs
Alumni Resources: Food Access in NYC3/13/2020
- City Harvest: Text the word “Food” to 726879, RSVP to pick up groceries that consist of fresh fruits/vegetables, and some shelf foods at your local pantry, and follow instructions. Amount of groceries will be based on your household size (9 locations available throughout the 5 boroughs)
- NYC Department of Education, Free “Grab and Go” meals are available for all New Yorkers. Find a location near you: http://schools.nyc.gov/freemeals
- “ALL New Yorkers can get three free meals a day at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city! Meal Hubs sites operate from 7:30AM-11:30AM for children and families and 11:30AM-1:30PM for adults. No registration or ID required.”
- New York City food Delivery Assistance: The City of New York is providing assistance to New Yorkers during the COVID-19 crisis by delivering meals to those who cannot access food themselves.
- Must meet the following criteria: No members of the household can go out and get food because they are at increased medical risk or homebound, No neighbors or family members can go out and get food for you, Do not receive meal assistance from other providers (incl. Meals on Wheels or God’s Love We Deliver); and you are unable to afford meal delivery or grocery delivery