With NYC’s bureaucratic pipeline operating at a slow crawl during this COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that keeping track of policies and legislation can be overwhelming.
Whether it be direct cash assistance, or unemployment benefits, we have compiled up-to-date info to help you navigate your financial security. If you have any questions or concerns about any of this information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 929-293-3549.
— Alicia Williams, BPI Alumni Outreach Associate
CARES Act Stimulus Funding Key Facts
- The CARES Act provides direct stimulus payments for those making $75,000 or less per year (if you make more than $75K per year, payment will decrease in proportion to how much money you make – check here)
Joint-filers/head of household
- For joint filers earning up to $150,000 and head of household $112,000
- Main CARES IRS website link
- Requesting payment
- Calculating payment
- Receiving payment
- Where’s my refund?
Non-filers: enter payment info here
- There is is a $600-per-week across-the-board increase in unemployment benefits for all workers claiming them, guaranteed for 4 months. Details here
- Find out if you are eligible for unemployment insurance here
How do I apply during this pandemic?
You can submit an online application, here
You can also, apply by phone: 1-888-209-8124
What type of information do I need to provide?
- Proof of recent work history (recent pay stub, W-2 form etc)
- Social Security number
- Any document that proves you are unemployed (layoff or dismissal notice from employer, etc.)
For a user-friendly overview of new benefits for New Yorkers click here