By Invitation Only
The tenth commencement of the Bard Prison Initiative
will take place at the Eastern New York Correctional Facility on
Saturday, January 26th, 2013 at 10:00 am, followed by a luncheon
For guests driving to the Eastern New York Correctional Facility in Napanoch, NY directions are provided below. Street Address: 30 Institution Road, Napanoch, NY 12458
Directions from New York City (approximately 2 hours):
- Take I-95 S/US-1 S toward G W BRIDGE/UPPER LEVEL.
- Take EXIT 74 and Merge onto PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH.
- Merge onto I-87 N/NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY N via EXIT 9W toward ALBANY (Portions toll).
- Take the RT-17 exit, EXIT 16, toward US-6/HARRIMAN. Merge onto NY-17 W (Portions toll).
- Take the US-209 exit, EXIT 113, toward WURTSBORO/ELLENVILLE.
- Turn RIGHT onto US-209 (North) to Ellenville
- In Ellenville, stay North on Route 209 to Napanoch. At Light, turn Right onto Institution Road. Eastern NY Correctional Facility is straight ahead.
Directions from Bard College (approximately 1 hour):
- Cross the Kingston/Rhinecliff Bridge.
- Continue southwest on Route 209 past the exits for Kingston and the New York State Thruway. Follow Route 209 as it narrows into a two lane road. You will pass through the towns of Marbleton, Stone Ridge, and Kerhonkson.
- Turn left at light in Napanoch. Continue straight onto Institution Road. Eastern NY Correctional Facility is straight ahead.
Protocol for Entering the Prison
Before entering Eastern all guests will pass through a security checkpoint similar to that at any airport. Please minimize what you bring with you inside. All electronic devices will be strictly prohibited. To simplify passage through security, handbags, briefcases, and accessories can be left in the car. Dress is business casual. The commencement ceremony will be approximately an hour and a half, and the lunch will follow. The event ends at 3:00 pm.
Attendance by Invitation Only
For more information, please call Laura Liebman at 845-758-7332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.